Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dearest Family,                                            5/16/16

This one will be a short one, but it'll be a good one! So this last week was CRAZY! Monday and Tuesday we planned with President Sweeney for his LAST Zone Conference of all time and then taught LOTS of really good lessons. We taught a sister on Monday that wanted to get baptized the following Saturday, so...... We taught her, basically, every, single day! Except Tuesday, after dinner, we had to do our mountain exchanges, so I drove up and stayed in Cave Creek and Elder H stayed in Show Low. It was great! It is soooooo peaceful up in those mountains. Even when one of the missionaries I was with wrecks our car! The next night I went to stay with the Zone Leaders in Snowflake, it was awesome. It really is a nice little town, and the missionary work there is very good as well! Elder H went to the Apache reservation that night. Next transfer, we will switch areas we go to. Should be fun! While we were gone, we had some members teach the sister that wanted to be baptized. We just told them what they needed to teach! It was great! We got home in the middle of Friday and then taught many CHILDREN OF GOD about who they are and where they came from! Oh! It is wonderful. Then, Saturday, we had an awesome Baptism! It was so powerful! We had a baptismal interview that went very bad, and we had to fix it up, but it turned out alright. Then, Saturday night, we went to Central Phoenix so that elder s and elder H could go to the temple with their recent convert. I was going to go as well, but I thought it best to stay. So I stayed and taught a family... I.... And she FINALLY AGREED TO BE BAPTIZED! The other elders were about to drop them! But now she is getting baptized! It was a powerful experience. Sunday was fun, a lot of meetings and church, but still good.

The word of wisdom has been a rather large part of my life lately. We taught one of our investigators who is getting baptized this Saturday the Word of Wisdom, and he decided to take it to the next level... So now, he comes t work out with us every morning WITH THIS EX-MARINE PERSONAL TRAINER GUY! His name is V and he is pretty brutal on us missionaries. There is usually someone throwing up! Also, I was convinced by some other missionaries to do a sugar fast. So I no longer eat sugar. Apparently, it is supposed to give me some more energy! We shall see. 

This week I have been particularly sensitive to the hand of Heavenly Father working in my life. It is unbelievable how much he is actually doing here. I know, and I hope you can feel my sincerity, but I KNOW that He really does live. And more than that I KNOW that He answers my prayers... EVERY. SINGLE. PRAYER. I JUST KNOW IT. We have solid baptisms scheduled for basically every week for the next two months... And most of them had been being prepared for YEARS. But I remember, years before I even started my mission, crying unto God late at night and just begging for him to prepare people then to here the gospel when I became a missionary. And I have seen it. How could it not get more obvious than that. All my companions claim that I am a man of miracles and that they never saw so many miracles on their missions... And I do see many... But it is not because of me... Honestly... All it is, is a Loving Heavenly Father answering a young mans prayer years before combined with the ones we pray in the present. I see so many answered prayers. I was driving home one day, and I was just completely overwhelmed with what the Lord has done with us missionaries and what He has done with meager tools like myself. I was completely overwhelmed by what has been accomplished in the past. It was stunning. I cried and cried because of the hand of the Lord working so intensely and tirelessly in the lives of others. It is unbelievable. I am grateful beyond words. God lives. He really does. It becomes obvious if we just open our eyes. I will never deny His existence or His love. I cannot and will not be swayed. Ever. I am past discussion. Past argument. Past persuasion. I. KNOW. HE. LIVES. AND I WILL GIVE MY ALL TO LET THE WORLD KNOW THE SAME. This IS HIS CHURCH! This is His gospel. If we could all just remember... And one day we all will. I love you all. Be good. Trust in God. Talk to Him ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. He will talk back. I promise.

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment