Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dear Friends                                         4/27/16

THAT IS AWESOME THAT ALISHA GOT BAPTIZED! That is so beautiful. So... Let me share with you the miracle of That White Dress: Tuesday, I was on a 24 hour exchange with a missionary in his area and he had a service project planned for Tuesday morning, but we had a lot of studies and I had some French meetings later that day, so I asked him to reschedule. There were some other elders that were going to go, but then things happened to line up where we felt that we should go and the other elders thought we should go, so we went. At the service project, we helped an investigator who was moving just down the street. We helped her move some random things and hang some doors and prune some trees and stuff and then just randomly she brings out this beautiful white dress and hands it to me and then walks away. It was crazy. The white dress was the only thing that she gave to anyone that day, and it was just so random and spontaneous from this random, single old lady. And it is amazing that it was right in time to send home and it was just the rift size... I'm assuming... Another cool part was that this happened on a Tuesday so I couldn't email mom to tell her not to actually buy a dress. Sooooo.... Instead of being disobedient, I just prayed that mom would feel impressed to not buy anything and it must have worked! It was a tender mercy for me, because I was pretty sad I wasn't going to be there for Alisha's baptism... The only one of my siblings I will not see, and Our Heavenly Father showed  m a wonderfully simple Miracle. 

Alright, I was transferred. And I was transferred a week early, because I have new responsibilities. Elder B is flying solo in central Phoenix for this week! Alas, six months in the heart of Phoenix are gone. I cannot believe how the time has flown by. At this rite I will be home in no time. It is frightening how quickly the time is passing. I will work harder and be more focused, so that I can sacrifice my whole will to my Father in Heaven. The opportunity that a mission gives to actually do that is unparalleled. What an honor it is. I love my mission with all that I am. Words alone cannot describe the change in who I am that has taken place. This time has served as a severe refiner's fire for me. It has purged so much bad and weakness from me, and the purifying continues. In fact, with the recent changes and responsibilities, the heat has only intensified. The last few days in Phoenix were emotional. We didn't make any visits. We taught and testified until the end, there are several large families that will be baptized in the following month. 

The new area I cover is the wealthiest area in Arizona, and probably one of the wealthiest in the nation. I now cover Fountain Hills and North Scottsdale. As well as the rest of Scottsdale. I will fill you in on some more details on Mother's Day. 

God lives. I know it. He really does answer prayers. I know that because He answers mine. He is always there. He supports you through everything. He helps you do things you never imagined were even possible. Even miracles. I love you all so dearly, keep on pressing on. There are ALWAYS good things to come. 

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment