Monday, October 5, 2015

Aug. 3, 2015

Hey! It rains like crazy here to!!! And the Thunder shakes the house! Floods happen here as well... Dad wasn't kidding. Yep, my companion speaks Spanish and we are over THREE STAKES and the entire Spanish work for the stake that covers basically all of New Mexico in our mission! The 24 of July we just taught lessons and brought people to know their savior a little better.... So you know it was pretty much the best Pioneer Day I've ever had!
HELLO FRIEND! So I have a few things to tell you dear mother. First of all, you really need to watch the Mormon Message: Wrong Roads. I have struggled a lot with following the spirit, and the perspective that Elder Holland gives in this video has helped me a ton! Sometimes God wants us to try the completely wrong thing in order to more confidently and COMMITTEDLY choose the other right thing! But the only way we can determine the incorrect path, that is not OBVIOUSLY wrong, is to try it! This is kind of my theory with college right now... University of Pennsylvania deferred me, and as of now I will be attending there! Exciting huh!?! You will have to come out with me for a little while! But I am more confident that going there is the right path, because it leaves the most doors open.

 Also, many times I have seen with many of our investigators that when people travel down the correct roads, that the Adversary completely attacks them on all sides. They are attacked in the most EXTREME ways, especially in the Beginning! This is because the Devil knows that if he can make the beginning of starting down a good path seem either bad and wrong OR too hard, then he can keep us from tasting the joy, and more importantly he can keep us from building righteous habits and keep us confused about messages from our Heavenly Father about the Holy Ghost.

Mom the mission is so incredible amazing!!! It is the best experience of my life... Like Jacob said... This mission will definitely be the best thing FOR my life, but also it will definitely be the best experience OF my life has well. It is not the fact that this mission is FOR my life that makes it wonderful, it is such a TRULY WONDERFUL thing because it is FOR the lives of others! That is why it is so sweet!!! GOD IS SO GOOD. I get to get up ALL DAY, EVERY DAY and bring people to something real that will TRANSFORM their life into something GLORIOUS and BEAUTIFUL! The true joy of missionary work is not in the slightest about baptism... It is an essential step, but it is not where they joy comes in missionary work. The Real Joy comes from watching people REPENT! OH IT IS WONDERFUL! WHO CARES ABOUT THE BAPTISMAL NUMBERS!... Well I shouldn't  Because it kinda is essential for SALVATION! So ya, it is kinda important... But that is not what I take JOY IN! I get to FOCUS 100% on OTHER PEOPLE it is the best thing OF my life! I practically DO NOT EXIST! AND I AM THE HAPPIEST THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE!!! IT IS SO STRANGE. Oh, but don't worry about me momma! I sent you and dad that letter like the first day in the mission... And I just wanted to GET OUT AND BRING SOULS TO MY SAVIOR....... And that was NOT what we did! BECAUSE I AM A KNEW MISSIONARY AND I HAD TO READ ALL THESE BOOKS AND STUFF!!! But in reality I am having the happiest time of my life! I am so optimistic and energetic that I sometimes drive fellow missionaries CRAZY! In fact, I apparently are supposed to internalize my energy and be more patient and "slow" with my companions so that I don't burn them out! BUT HOW COULD WE NOT BE OUT EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY BRINGING SOULS TO CHRIST! The time is short. And the time is precious. What I do today, could determine someone's future for the eternities. AND THAT IS THE SAME FOR ALL OF US! THIS GAME OF LIFE IS SO FRAGILE, SO INFLUENTIAL, SO IMPORTANT!!! THE ENTIRETY OF THE ETERNITIES ARE DEPENDENT AND DETERMINED BY THIS SHORT AND SEEMINGLY INSIGNIFICANT LIFE. Every choice matters in this life! We just have to HOLD IT TOGETHER for a something like 90 YEARS UNTIL WE ARE SAFELY DEAD! Oh Mom! This time is so important! It is the most Important! But it is not just a time to work! Our Father intended it to be FULL OF JOY AND HAPPINESS AS WELL. So let's be HAPPY and let's be GOOD and RIGHTEOUS people. This is the only time we have, we have one chance at life, and one day it will be all over, and if we didn't use the Atonement of our Lord Jesus Christ, it will be to late. I love you and ask you to NEVER EVER GIVE UP! Christ never gave up and we must not give up on Him. Get to know Him. He is a WONDERFUL FRIEND, and He will always be there for us. I know He lives. Every one of us will see Him. You will stand before His face. You will look Him in the eye. Are you Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment