Monday, July 27, 2015

Hello,
Sorry I don't have much time, we had a power outage and internetoutage in the entire state and some of the surrounding states.

Ever since I got here I have been using much Spanish, because me and
my companion are the Spanish elders for the entire stake, which covers
almost all of the New Mexico in our mission, Eager, Springerville, and
up to some apache Indian reservations as well.

My companion is AWESOME! We have the same brain! We think the exact
same things all the time... Finish each other's sentences and weird
stuff like that. He has a very nice voice and makes some pretty
interesting food . He is quiet and patient and reflective. In the color world he is what we would call a white.. Oh, and I met the guy who created that whole system. He
is a psychologist and a billionaire, but he is the funniest and
most understanding guy that I have ever met. But my companion
is very logical and intelligent. His insight on gospel subjects is
amazing. We are best of friends and he already promised to take me 
home and to his wedding when we get back. We get along SO well.

Eager is great it rains and thunders here like you wouldn't believe,
and yes I am practically cousins with everyone that lives here! So my
companion and I are over Three wards and all the Spanish in the stake.
We keep really busy! The wards are awesome. Everyone up here are
cowboys, like way more so them Idaho. But the wards are strong and
small. Transfers usually
last about six weeks, but I think my companion and I will be here for
three months!

There! I hope that gives you more insight. Feel free to ask whatever
questions you are curious about!

So mom I have been really REALLY bad about writing people, but my time
practically doesn't exist. Actually I have no time... ALL IS THE LORDS
TIME! 

Friends, there is no better place than a mission. Every second, every

moment needs to be treasured. It is not every day that we will be

permitted to be Authorized and POWERFUL messengers of truth and

representatives of Christ. I have noticed a PECULIAR and SPECIAL POWER

that comes with being an OBEDIENT missionary. It is different, and I

haven't placed what it is yet... But I know it is from God. At this

time in my life God is very near, perhaps nearer than he has ever

been. He makes good on every worthy word that proceeds out of our

mouths. Our prayers have Power. What we bless is truly blessed. What

we say is heard. Our promises and blessings are carried out with

exactness. The houses we enter are touched with the hand of God. I

feel like a painter. Everywhere we go and all we do becomes rich and

vibrant with the spirit. God lives. If you don't believe me, I will

see you in a couple years before the judgment bare of God. Oh please

be good, and let that time be a Joyful experience. I just love you all

and want you to be happy. Honestly. I love you.



Elder Flake


1 comment: