Thursday, July 9, 2015

HEY'YA MOMMA!

That's Crazy, EVERYONE HERE is sick too! Except for me... I promised my Heavenly Father to never, EVER take a nap in these two years and that I would NEVER, ever take a day off, because of that, He has blessed me with health, strength, and energy even when literally like every single person is really REALLY Sick. Like hospitalized sick. But I am not worried in the slightest, I am obedient and I am doing my best to work hard and so I have nothing to fear!  And YES I get to go to the temple every week, in fact we get to go today! I LOVE IT!!! One time we tracked down the temple president and had some amazing insight that I will share with you when I get home! (OH, and MOM I am writing extremely poorly, so feel free to correct all this awful grammar) I get to sing for the prophet and all the apostles separately throughout this entire week, but then on SUNDAY I get to sing to the fifteen brethren ALL TOGETHER for their own private sacrament meeting. I am the men leader in the choir, and so I get to work pretty close with Elder Nelson (He is the Apostle over music for the New Mission President Seminar) through our amazing choir director and music prodigy Brother Eager. HE is amazing!!!!!! and there are less than 36 Elders and sisters that will be singing in the choir. I am blessed, God knows me and watches out for me. He gives me INCREDIBLE experiences at every turn in my life, when I clearly do not deserve it. Mom (and Family), I KNOW that I was meant to begin my service on May 27th 2015. There was no other time. My existence before this life and in this life have prepared me for these very moments. This is exactly WHEN Heavenly Father wanted me. And I cannot express to you how DEEPLY CONFIDENT I am that He would have me go nowhere besides Scottsdale, Arizona. Mom, I know for myself, I know for a fact, that He called me there. I felt it, He told me. 

I cannot believe that it has already been FOUR WEEKS! I am humbled (Because it is not by my own power) to say that I am almost fluent in the language, we have skype lessons with real people from South America and other Spanish-Speaking places and I can talk as if I was born knowing spanish... Sometimes when I am really feeling the spirit and barring testimony of Jesus Christ or Praying to my Father in Heaven, He talks through me. The gift of tongues is real. This whole Gospel is real. I think sometimes we forget that. No, this is all real, it doesn't just go away when you stop believing it. I have had other opportunities to give many other blessings this week, and every time the feelings and power that come into my heart still take me by surprise! And how, I ask, would any of that make sense if all of this was just pretend?!? IT WOULDN'T!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! God is our Loving Heavenly Father. He watches over you. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So talk to Him! He wants to hear from you! HE anticipates every moment that you get on your knees and talk to Him like the Best Friend and Best Father HE is. 

I invite you and everyone to watch the new movie, Joseph Smith. It is BEAUTIFUL. I saw it this week and it caused me a lot of strife and deep reflection, and it all came out of this one question: What have you done, Logan, for your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith gave his life, he gave all his time. I CANNOT EXPLAIN ALL HE DID! Just watch the movie, I promise your testimony of Joseph Smith will become UNSHAKABLE. I am determined to give all I can for the cause of God now, but more especially AFTER MY MISSION! DIOS ES MI REY! (sorry I told myself I would never write in spanish, but this phrase in english isn't quite the same.) Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. If someone shames or mocks him, they mock me. I Love Joseph Smith. Study the Book of Mormon. If you read sincerely and with an open heart daily YOU WILL NEVER be able deny that God Exists and the Jesus is the Christ. Just please read it. Just do it. Please. 

I CHALLENGE you, to read the Book of Mormon EVERY DAY for the rest of your life, even if you get back from camping at two in the morning. Read every day for the rest of your lives. If ANY of you miss a day, don't miss another day!

I LOVE YOU WITH MY WHOLE SOUL. 

- Your little boy,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment