Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hello Mother!

So I am in Arizona, and it is quite nice I am enjoying it quite
thoroughly. It is a nice 75 degrees outside, Cool breeze, and some
beautiful pine trees! Can you guess where I am? Dad has probably been
here one thousand times! It is cute little Eager Arizona! Up in the
Mountains. There isn't a whole lot of Spanish speakers here, but my
companion speaks it so we get plenty of practice!

My mission President and wife are wonderful people... I LOVE THEM.
They are so good! And so kind! And so wise! Phoenix for a day and a
half was EXTREMELY HOT. I didn't realize how foreign this place really
was. It is hot. Tuns of palm trees. These crazy massive cacti
EVERYWHERE! An endless amount of homeless people. A lot of soccer. And
nobody really speaks English. Just about as foreign as I could get!
Not really....but I am happy!

I enjoyed the call VERY MUCH on Monday, and I hope you are all having
a just as AMAZING time as I am! Out here... At least in the
mountains... Member missionary work is EXTREMELY important! So,
please. OH PLEASE, be missionaries... Call the missionaries up and
give them referrals to your friends that aren't members.... Invite
people to come to church... Anything!

My companion is  awesome... We are going to bring so many people to Christ!
I am so excited!!!

Life is difficult, my friends, it is meant to be. Because we taste the
bad things in life we find that we can distinguish and realize and
define the good. It is a rough road for every individual person, and
it is even more difficult and takes even more work, to follow Christ.
But we MUST FOLLOW CHRIST. I mentioned that it is the hardest road to
travel on, but it is also the happiest road to travel... There is no
other peace and joy that comes from walking as Jesus the Christ
walked. Salvation was not meant to be easy, and if we don't have the
guts or the love to face hard things like my Savior Jesus Christ did
then we do not deserve to be saved. EVEN WITH following Christ with
all our soul, we do not DESERVE Him to help us. But He does and He
did. He died. He was left alone. He was murdered in the worst ways
possible. He suffered pains that we would not even be able to suffer
in mortality. He is good. Be willing to stand with Him and suffer your
own trials and the smallest sliver of what He went through. It is
hard. It is meant to be. Oh, but mom, it is worth it. It is so worth
it! Just for a time! Wait it out! Endure it well! And Never, NEVER
stop fighting! This world is a WAR ZONE. Never get complacent or
comfortable, I learned that the best way to do that is from missionary
work. Do mission work, and you will have a Spiritual experience. Then,
your faith will be strengthened and you will become more converted to
God! But you also must realize that the first convert is yourself! And
so EVERYONE needs to be a missionary to themselves first, and then to
the rest of the world! Strengthen yourself! Make yourself keep
commitments, and be accountable to God!

I love you all with my whole soul! Be good! I want everyone to be
ridiculously, annoyingly nice to everyone. Be a missionary!

Love,
Elder Flake

    

No comments:

Post a Comment