Monday, October 5, 2015

9/30/15
YOU KILLED MY DOG? I'm just kidding, it is alright, it probably alleviates some stress! Well, we'll see you in a couple of years skittles! Just know that it really doesn't bother me too much, I just feel really bad for the kiddos! Especially, because they saw it all happen and everything. Just let them know that they really will see that little doggie in heaven, if they want to. 
I AM DOING AMAZING! Life is so wonderful that I can hardly bare it. I do not know why He is so good to me. This week was actually the best week I have had on the mission. It was the most stressful, and exhausting, and everything else, but it had the most fruits tied with it. So, Transfers were this week, that is why I am writing today, and not Monday. Every six weeks, our Preparation Day switches from Monday to Wednesday, just so you know. So, last Tuesday, Elder Strike was picked up because he is going to be an assistant to the president. Which, is kind of awesome. However, he was picked up a week early so that he could go down to the valley and train on how to be an assistant to the president, which meant that I was alone for a week. I was supposed to just hang out with the other elders in there area all week, but I DEFINITELY was not up for that. There is so much work to be done!!! Who has time to throw a week away, by just tagging along with some other missionaries! No way. So for the entire week, I called and called people, and made it so that I had members for every hour of the day and each day of the week to go with me. IT WAS AWESOME! I had more lessons than we've ever had in a week, and, also, the most people agree to be baptized than ever before. The lessons were all powerful, because God made them that way. It was exhausting though, because I had to ensure that I was never alone and that the transitions went smoothly, combined with teaching mostly all of the material in all the lessons. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! 
I do miss Elder Strike though. You can probably tell from the fact that he is an Assistant to the President of what caliber of missionary he is. We got along so well. I have definitely made a friend for life. The new companion is an elder from Orem, Utah, He is AWESOME. His Spanish is basically flawless to my unpracticed ears, and I am looking forward to speaking much more Spanish. I will tell you more about him next week, but I am pretty excited to work with him. 
When I first got to Eagar I met this non-member young man who is a big guy. He's like that star football player and everything. I had never seen this guy before we knocked on his door. We talked to him a little bit, and eventually found out that he sings. So for some reason, I just asked him to sing in church with us... AND HE SAID YES. So last week an investigator sang with us in church. In front of everybody! It was funny because he showed up in shorts and his football T-Shirt. But he still sang, and he wants to come back and do it again. So that is pretty weird and awesome. I didn't even know this guys name and he asked if he'd sing with us. 
Also, this past week I had the opportunity to drive with some investigators to Snow Flake and back. They said that they needed some help so we found a member, and I drove to Snow Flake with them. It was sweet. On the way there, I taught the restoration along with some other stuff, and then on the way back, I taught the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then invited them to be baptized and THEY SAID YES! So that was a fun five-hour trip. 
There was, also, a cool spiritual experience that I had as I was going to appointments with the old stake president. He speaks Spanish, so we were trying to only do Spanish visits, but something told me to turn around and go to this very large and quite intimidating  Ex-communicated member with his  Wife's home. President  knew him as well... and you could tell he was a little timid as well, BUT WE DID IT. We went, God is in control not us. We talked for a little bit, and then I just had these questions come to my mind, and I just started asking away. And these were BOLD questions, that were Specific and Personal. I thought President  was going to have a heart-attack that he was so scared, but eventually... He and his wife started to cry. He opened up, and bore such a powerful testimony that I was tearing up as well. It was powerful. God woke him up that night, and I believe that he will start working towards the necessary changes that he knows he knows he must make in life. God answers prayers. I know He does. He answered mine with this couple. I have been really struggling to know if I am Doing, Going, and Saying what and where God wants. I didn't know what I could possible do, but God heard me, He always does. Through all the storms, and changes, and trials, and transfers in life. He is the one constant. If you have Him with you, you need nothing! Please Family, use Him, and build a relationship with Him now that when hard things come, you know He's there. 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!! WITH ALL MY SOUL! Let me know how you all are.
Love YOUR ELDER FLAKE!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Flake,
    You rock. So excited to hear you are doing well.
    Love you tons,'
    TIna

    ReplyDelete