Monday, October 5, 2015

9/21/15
Oh mom! My heart is full. I am so overwhelmed by the goodness and mercy and greatness of Christ the Lord that I don't even know what to say. Mom, I love Him. He has given everything to me. My very life. And he has given me such a wonderful family to be a part of, especially you. The mission is a brutal place, a refiners fire for sure. Out here, children of God are forged and sculpted and most importantly Cut Down, so that we can be what God intended us to be. Oh, mom, it's hard. But I know it is supposed to be. I have been cut down. Over and over and over again. It hurts. There is so much to learn. So much to do. And most importantly, so much to be. Mom, I am trying, but the progress is slow. With the help of our Lord Jesus Christ we will ALL get there. But being forged and sculpted and cut down is quite a painful process. One I am thankful nevertheless. Just know: I will never quit. Ever. There is not a chance of me giving up the fight, and letting down the Lord our God as well as all of our brothers and sisters that have the potential to be happy, and just need a little help. Mark my words: I WILL NOT FALTER. I WILL FINISH. I promise.

So Elder Strike is leaving tomorrow. Which is sad. He is going down to the valley to be an assistant to the president. So he's pretty cool. I am getting a new companion, but I will be alone for almost a week because Elder Strike is going down a week early to learn how to do assistant stuff. You all are definitely going to need to meet Elder Strike sometime. He is pretty cool. Instead of dinner one day, we both made oil vials out of king's wood with an awesome guy named Jim-bob. I am really going to miss Elder Strike, but SO BE IT! He says that this is the first time that he has actually been sad for transfers, so I must have done something right! I am more than excited for the challenges that lie ahead!

Now for some miracles this week: the first was the temple. It was strange to go to Snowflake and drive past and SEE grandma and grandpa's house on the way to the temple! It was just ridiculous! We even almost stopped there for lunch. But the temple was quite the experience, it was wonderful, and it was cool to be in a temple that was built because probably due to the faithfulness of our ancestors. Grandma and Grandpa are famous among the missionaries. They really do put in good effort in attempt to move the work forward. I have learned to love them, even though I have not seen them yet. Our investigators are wonderful! There was a cool experience with a sister that just got baptized. She was older, and really REALLY enjoyed her wine. She liked the church and everything, but I don't think she thought it was even possible to give it up. So one day, she was praying, and the next day she got up and her husband offereher some Wine and she just didn't feel like she wanted it. He offered coffee, and she didn't feel like having that either. Maybe tomorrow she thought, but on the next day she didn't want ANY OF IT! And the next day was the same. She was baptized soon after. And still has no real desire for her drinks. AMAZING! GOD LIVES! And He answers prayers. If we have a true and sincere desire to do that which is right, HE WILL PROVIDE A WAY. Just like with this fine sister. Another miracle took place at a Baby's blessing this past week. We arranged for a two year old to receive a baby blessing in a less active family. They have not been to church and years, and the parents of the daughter live with the daughters Grandma and are not married. In fact, the father is not a member at all. He has tattoos all over is body, and has been drinking every time we come over.....but he's awesome. After the baby blessing, brother Truley (the presiding bishopric member) pulled the dad aside and said that this ordinance had been done by the power of the priesthood and that he expected him to receive the priesthood to bless his family. He asked if we could come back tomorrow and teach him. AND TEACH HIM WE DID! We taught about the priesthood, and his only question was: "when can I get it." He is so sincere and earnest. He is one prepared by God. 

There are so many other miracles that happen almost daily, but I am running out of time. I am sorry, I love you all. I know I say that a lot, but I didn't really understand or realize how much I treasured you until you were taken out of my life. I miss you, and pray for all of you, all the time. You guys are my heroes, and each of you are way to valuable and precious to not feel loved. You are loved. Know that you are! DEAL WITH IT! BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE... EVER. I may be a few miles away, but I am here for all of you: . I love you it is true. Be kind my friends. See you soon.

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment