Monday, October 5, 2015

8/10/2015
 My Spanish is still coming along. I can understand everything, but my head hurts when Spanish lessons go longer than forty-five minutes. We meet with our zone and president monthly. We had a zone activity and I ended up giving a guy a concussion and amnesia really bad in a kick ball game... we ran into each other...and he went flying. He doesn't remember anything, so I guess he can't be mad at me! It is different when you are a Spanish missionary,  We are on bikes... and in the mountains, so our legs are ripped from going up and down so many hills. We have a Magnet ward that we have to translate for the Spanish people, but we are trying to start up a Spanish branch. AND ALL I EAT IS SPANISH FOOD! Even the white people... and I might kind of like it... but I am not admitting anything! My health has never been better... I actually have muscles now... because I have to work out every day. I think you would be surprised! 

This week was AWESOME! They are always awesome, but this week was a little tedious. We are imputing all the area book information into our Ipads and I am not going to lie... It has tested my patience! Which is really good, but I wanted to get out and to reap with all my might and to SAVE SOULS!!! But most of the days I was stuck looking at a little screen and typing words that were written five years ago. I am grateful to do it though, because it will make everything so much easier and accurate, when we get it all imputed. Technology truly is a miracle from God. 

I love the mission Family. It is the best experience of my life, I never EVER want to do anything different. What else matters besides reminding my fellow brothers and sisters (including my family) come unto Christ? I will stay as long as I can, and I promise you and I have promised God that I will give my whole soul, heart, might, mind, and strength to this work. Nothing will stop me, nor dishearten me. They can take my life, but Nobody can take away my faith.

You all might be thinking that I might burn out from all this, and honestly I thought I would to... but a miracle has happened. I promised the Lord I would do everything in my power to obey every single mission law with exactness, including to reap with all that I am... and He, in his incomprehensible mercy, has granted my energy and motivation and power. In fact, the harder I work the more energetic and relaxed and rested I feel. He blesses me with optimism and peace in the worst situations! Why is he so good to us? Why when we are trying to pay Him back does He dump more blessings upon us, just making us further indebted to his goodness? I can not comprehend it, and I learned that it takes a LOT of humility to accept that you will never be able to repay Him!

So I imagine things are going pretty rough there... Well... Congratulations! That means you are on the right path! It is true, as soon as you start walking towards God, the adversary will do everything within his power to stop you from walking forward. Sometimes he will put the craziest things in our path to try to stop us, but most of the time it is little things that he uses to constantly wear on us. He will give us grief, thoughts of hopelessness, doubts of our standing before God, He wants you to give up! HE IS DESPERATE TO HAVE YOU GIVE UP! Don't let HIM. DO NOT EVER GIVE UP. DO not ever stop walking towards God. IF YOU ARE PROGRESSING TOWARDS GOD than that is enough. Do not doubt, do not complain, and DO NOT GIVE UP. Oh, my family. I wish I could just hear your voices, and hung you all, and tell you all will be alright. My heart aches. I just want to help, but God has promised that HE will take care of you. And I trust God more than myself. I will not be home any time soon. I am doing a Great Work and I CANNOT or WILL NOT come down. I love you, and I know that you have it in you to conquer whatever trials you are facing. Trust yourself, and Trust God. You are wonderful, all of you. And I ask you, and beg you, and plead you to please...oh, please, just stay together, fill your hearts with Love towards each other. This world is dark and dangerous. Just stick together, and be happy. United we stand. Keep your chins up. Smile every day. Spend more time together. WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER. We CAN, but it requires effort on our part. I expect to be with every single one of you in the eternities. You must get up EVERY TIME you fall. And when someone in the Family falls and is struggling... the rest of us have an OBLIGATION to help them up and love them. We all are going to fall sometimes, I fall a lot, and many times the only reason I got up was because of the Beautiful Family that God mercifully allowed me to be a part of. You may think I am strong, but I am not. the only reason I made it through life this far is because of each and every one of you. I. Would. Not. Be. Here. Without every single on of you, and I would not have the strength to stay here without each of you. I pray for you daily. Each of you. Individually.

Now, forget yourselves and your own priorities and be a family. 

Love,
Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment