Monday, December 21, 2015

Dearest Family,                                                         11/11/15

Well this is my predicament. I have recently come from the farthest
eastern area of the mission known as Eagar, but we also covered ALL of
New Mexico in our mission. We were the only Elders in New Mexico. It
was crazy! So one day I was biking in snow and the next day I was
transferred to Central Phoenix!!! It is AWESOME. It is interesting,
because my new area is the very farthest west area in the very
farthest west zone in the ENTIRE mission! There is no area in the
entire mission that is farther from my last area. So a little bit
about the central Pheonix area. It is known as he center of the city.
We are dead center in the middle of Pheonix, and I have never seen so
many people in my life. The area I am serving in had been pegged as
the poorest and most dangerous and rough part of the mission. It is
interesting how all those things fit together! So don't worry mom! I am
in the most dangerous part of Arizona! There are places here we can't
even be around! (But don't really worry, I will be fine. Check my
patriarchal blessing for proof) IT IS AWESOME. But also quite sad. The
people are not normal. BUT THEY ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT TO GOD AS HIS
COWBOY CHILDREN UP IN EAGAR! I love them and I really will do ALL THAT
I POSSIBLE CAN to bring them to Jesus Christ and make them happy. But
it definitely is going to be work, more work than I have ever
attempted in my life. AND on top of that, President has entrusted me
to train a new missionary. So I am training in a new area. And he is
in an English elder who I have to teach Spanish, because here in
Pheonix THERE IS A LOT of Spanish people and all the others are black,
not so many white people (besides a few Hoboes) here in Pheonix. So
this transfer is supposed to create stress and foster growth and I
think it will! It was quite a shock going from freezing and snow to
SUPER HOT and sunny. It honestly shook my body up, which, was a
strange feeling.

My new companion's name is Elder W. He is from Utah and is the
Oldest of three. He is on a mission because the gospel makes him happy
and he thinks, and I agree, that the gospel has made him happy and he
wants everyone else to be happy too!!! His favorite color is blue. He
plays basketball and is really good at the guitar. He is going to be a
great missionary and I sincerely hope that God will use me to help him
get on a path to reach his full potential as a missionary. But we
shall see. With God ALL things are possible! I believe that. I really
do, and that is why I am going to be able to do any of this. It is
wonderful that He is willing to help!

Well, I love you all. And I know the church is true. It is. See you soon!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment