Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/15
HELLO MY FRIENDS!

Alright so I guess I have some catching up to do! Alright so last week was AWESOME! We didn't get too much ground time in our area, but we did a lot of service. We chopped some more wood in the forest, we had to cut down a massive tree and we almost got killed by a metal cable, fortunately God was watching over us, and no one was hurt! I'll have to show you the video when I get home! We also went and did some service out in New Mexico for a Baptist Deaf and Youth camp! I got to buck 150 pound bails of hay for about 4 hours. It was one of the most exhausting things that I have ever done! We also went to St. John's for our monthly Spanish sacrament meeting that we hold for the Spanish. It was a wonderful experience! We sang in Spanish, on the spot. And God sent angels to be sing with us.

This current week was really good. We worked hard! I got to hang out with one of my favorite people Thursday. His name is Chuck. Every once in a while we get to eat lunch with him. He was a mission president In the Ivory Coast several years back. And he is fiery. He has so much good advice for everything and I just love being in his presence. He gave a talk at a stake thing that we sang at, and I thought for a second that Elder Holland was up there speaking. He is awesome. We sang at a volleyball game, and we are becoming quite popular in this cute little town. It really helps people to let us in and trust us. We are trying to get in and teach the ENTIRE Football team. We have a couple of the star players that we are already teaching and so it is going to be sweet! But. I am about to be cast down from the Garden of Eagar. I have no idea where I am going or what is in-store for me, probably down to the valley to finally learn some Spanish! But it is really going to be hard. I have come to love all these cowboys up here. I am really going to miss them. But the Lord knows what He's doing. I will trust him with my life.

Last week The temple was an interesting experience. I was putting on some socks in the dressing room, when all of the sudden I hear: "it is a pleasure to have you here Elder Flake." I looked down and my name tag wasn't on, so how could anyone know my name? I looked up and it was good ole grandpa. He also ended up calling me through, and then my grandma was there in the celestial room. And then on Halloween, we got to go to the temple again! For 8 hours! It was AWESOME! We did intatories. Two endowment sessions. But my very favorite part was when we got to go and do some sealing. Oh, it was wonderful. The feeling that I had as I acted for a son being sealed to his parents was INDESCRIBABLE. It was amazing, I couldn't help but smile and almost start laughing for joy while it was taking place. I felt like an overjoyed little boy again. I AM SOOOOOO GRATEFUL that our family will be together through the waves of time and  the difficulty of this life. We are together. FOREVER. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!? We are an eternal family. No matter how far we go or how split up we become we will be ultimately together in the end!!! AHHHHHH!!! That makes me so happy! We decided to come here. We were predestined, each of us, for greatness. And we were destined to be together FOR EVER. Out of infinite number of children, us 11 were chosen and ordained to be together. We will always be together. We can always lean and depend o. Each other for anything and everything! WE WERE CHOSEN FOR EACH OTHER. Our Family will last to INFINITY and BEYOND. BUT. We do have a responsibility to up help each other out. I have already told Daniel this, but we were in Heaven once, all of us together. And we were all standing up there waiting for our time to come down here. And as we gave each other our last hugs, we all, with tears in our eyes, promised to look out for each other. We PROMISED to help each other out, because we knew it would be hard and we knew that we all were going to make really dumb choices, but we also knew that we would have each other to depend on and to remind us who we really were. We need each other. 

Brothers and sisters, mom and dad, I want you to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that will not EVER FAIL. In my life before it has. But now. It shall not. I have experienced to much. I have tasted the fruit, and I cannot nor will not ever go back. And so Lathan, Michelle, Daniel, Katelyn, McKay, Tyson, Isaac, Alisha, Dallin, and Caleb if you ever feel weak in testimony... YOU CAN DEPEND ON MINE. Because I know God lives. He is real, and He cries with us when times are bad and smiles with us when we are truly happy. This is why I love the gospel: because it makes us happy. It really does. And that is true for EVERYONE. I have seen it work every time, WITHOUT FAIL. Now it is important to know how this works, and why some people feel that the gospel and church DO NOT make us happy. And the reason some think this is due to something called guilt. We all mess up in life. We all sin. And that sin causes guilt. However, if we keep sinning or don't repent we avoid that guilt. BUT, When we go to church, pray, read the scriptures, or do anything else really spiritual the GUILT that all of us have is brought out and made really intense. THAT IS BECAUSE GUILY IS GOOD! Guilt in spires repentance. And repentance is all we have to do to feel the joy of the gospel! Repentance is the only thing that stands I the way of Happiness. And so every day I cry: "REPENT ALL YE ENDS OF THE EARTH! Come unto Christ and be happy!" We really have an easy job. Anyways I love you all and pray for you always! Be Good. 

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment