Monday, December 21, 2015

Hello Friends!                                                       12/09/15

This week was AWESOME! It was so incredible refreshing and
educational. We are working hard and baptizing lots of people. I think
we have like half a million people in our area, and before we leave we
are going to baptize ALL of them! So send me some prayers would you?
Whatever you have been doing it is working! Keep it up! Miracles are
happening every day, and I hope that they are happening in yours as
well. And, even more so, I hope that you can SEE the miracles that ARE
happening in your life! Because they are there and we just need to see
them! WE MUST WAKE UP! AND OPEN OUR EYES.

I apologize for writing this Wednesday, but today is our Preparation
Day, and next Wednesday as well. Then it will be back to Monday for 6
weeks. Every transfer we have a P-Day on Wednesday. Some miracles that
happened this week were that we found some wonderful people to teach.
We brought a family to the temple: The Visitor's Center and then the
lights. One of them is about to get baptized. Then we had an amazing
conversation with another investigator about repentance for a Huge
issue that he had in the past. But he is getting baptized in a little
over a week. He is amazing. He understands so much and he wants it so
bad. And he is EXTREMELY Intelligent and wealthy. That is extremely
rare. But he is going to be one of my best friends for life. He is so
awesome. Easiest person that I have ever taught... I means it helps
that he took four days off of work to read the entire Book of Mormon,
and the pearl of great price, and he is reading it again. I mean that
helps, but God has really been building him. Before us, he had never
talked to missionaries in his life. He said that he first read the
Book of Mormon skeptically to prove it wrong, but he couldn't put it
down, and by the end of it he knew it was true. He said that he was
inspired and uplifted, and that, when he finished the book, he was
very confused and was looking for the "rest of the Boom of Mormon" to
find out where the other things that people have told him about the
book were. But he couldn't find them. And so he was hooked, and he
went to church, and God touched his heart, and I am pretty sure that
he is going to be an apostle some day! He is willing to give up
EVERYTHING that he has to join this wonderful church. It is quite
touching, seeing as he is a CFO at 27 years old living in the middle
of a city full of prostitution and crime on every corner. And there
are SO MANY MORE MIRACLES! I just don't have time to talk about them
all! I am sorry! I will tell you when I get home!

One of the greatest honors this week was to sit and learn at the feet
of Elder Lynn G. Robbins. What a pleasure. There were 2 different
conferences with him: one in the mountains for the mountain
missionaries, and one for the valley missionaries. I got to go to
both. On Sunday night, all the leadership in the Mission headed up to
the mountains for a special leadership council and training by Elder
Robbins. I do not know why, but President Sweeney invited me. Meaning
that I got to see Elder Robbins every time he spoke while he was on
his tour of the mission. I got to go and stay the night up in Eagar
again and it was AWESOME. I had to go up early to practice a song for
Elder Robbins. All three times that he spoke he spoke for about 4
hours straight, and it was phenomenal. He spoke of things I've never
even thought of. He is an extremely successful businessman, and he
made a lot of really good connections between the two. For the
mountain conference I played for him that armies of Heleman
arrangement that I did. It was awesome, but one of the scariest things
that I've done in my life. It was just awesome. He talked to us a lot
about 100% agency connected to 100% responsibility. But he mostly
talked about love, marriage, raising a family, how to parents, and
some really amazing applicable things. There was just something so
special and different about that man, and about all those men. They
are so dignified and flawless that I sometimes feel that they are not
human. Their intellect is extensive in any subject. He would blow your
mind in any subject that was brought up or every question that he was
asked. Everything about him was stunning.

God knows us all. He is our Father. He loves us, and always will. I love you.

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment