Monday, January 25, 2016

> Dearest Family,                    1/11/16

> This week was crazy awesome. There has been so much excitement down
> here lately! The big college football championship game is being
> played in our area. And so there are people from all over the country
> here. Everything is packed! Lots of people, big blimps in the sky,
> little airplanes flying around with advertisements trailing behind
> them. That has been fun.

> This week, Elder W and I decided to try to teach a person of
> every ethnicity, and race. Just because we can. We ran into this
> Viatnamease guy, who was really interested, and said he believed in
> Jesus Christ, that he would love to meet with us, and all that stuff.
> So we went back the next day. And we talked to the son, and we find
> out that they were very astute Buddhists, it just happened to be that
> the dad didn't speak English. Yeah, that didn't work out so well! We,
> found A LOT OF NEW PEOPLE TO TEACH. The work is hastening. We have way
> to much to do, and way to little time to do it. We need about 20 more
> missionaries in our area alone! The work is really picking up.
> EVERYWHERE. I had an interview with President S and President
> says that it is not so much the area that is granting us so much
> success. He thinks it's me. But it is definitely not. It is God. And I
> am scared to accept even a little credit, because I don't want to lose
> the overwhelming success and miracles that we are having. God has made
> the area that I am now serving in, go from one of the worst, to now,
> one of the most successful in just a few short months. I had an
> exchange with one of the Zone Leaders on Thursday and he was just
> floored by the miracles and things happening in our area. The
> hierarchy for the mission is President, Assistants to the president,
> zone leaders, district leaders, trainers, senior companions, and then
> junior companions. On Wednesday, we also had the opportunity to feed
> homeless women at this kitchen in downtown Phoenix. Since I talk the
> most, they assigned me to give all the ladies their food. That was one
> of the most interesting experiences ever. The things that they told me
> were so strange. We gave exceedingly many priesthood blessings this
> week as well. And it still never, ever gets old. It so cool to just
> walk into hospital rooms without anyone even knowing you, give a
> blessing, someone is healed, and then walk out without saying a word.
> We truly are on the Lords errand. Yesterday, during church, I was
> talking to some Spanish folks, and all of a sudden I see this familiar
> face. It was brother P, a man and family that I knew well from my
> last area up in Eagar. They came to Central Ward because a few weeks
> before I left, their 8 year old daughter had something go severely
> wrong. She was flown down to Phoenix, and on the way down their she
> flatlined twice. This was an amazingly kind family, and one that I ate
> dinner with often. I remember playing and talking to that little girl.
> There is a children's hospital here as well. It is a massive hospital,
> and it just happened to be the one that they went to. Before I left
> Eagar, I felt as if I needed to give her a blessing, but I got
> transferred before I had the chance. As soon as I saw Brother P,
> I went and found Sister P, and when she saw me, she just started
> crying. And she didn't stop. But I hardly even recognized her, since I
> had last seen her she had lost way to much weight. Which she didn't
> even have to loose in the first place. It was sad. The situation has
> been pretty rough on her. Her daughter lost almost all mental
> activity. It was a miracle we found them. We have strengthened them at
> a time when they were alone. And I look forward to giving her a
> blessing. Much more has happened, but no time! I love you all and will
> see you soon!

> Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment