Monday, January 25, 2016

1/18/16

Hello Family!

Awesome week. It always is. There is never a boring day out here on
the mission. Ever. This week, we taught A LOT of lessons. The entire
week was just filled with lesson appointments. Which, is great, but
exhausting. The amount that you have to think, combined with the
energy to focus on the spirit is just ridiculous. We had a lot of
really great lessons with some very interested individuals. The work
continues to hasten forward. You all would laugh if you saw me as a
missionary. I talk to almost EVERYONE. It is probably ridiculous.
Cómo, I was just at the gas station, and while we were filling up,
there was this guy in a mini cooper all the way across the way, but I
walked over to him... That was a long walk... And started talking
about his car... And then he just happened to bring up something that
related to the gospel or something, and we asked if we could meet with
him sometime... Like not at a gas station. He said yes, and now he's
getting baptized! What?!? That is a big deal! If we just open our
mouths and be an OBVIOUSLY HAPPY AND NICE PERSON AND A RAY OF SUNSHINE
and God will trust you enough to put people in your path. I LOVE IT!
Try it! You don't even necessarily be a missionary! Just open your
mouth and talk to people. Start off normal, and then God will give you
an opportunity to share something or invite or whatever! That is what
we are trying to do here! We are trying to turn 2 full time
missionaries into an army of 1000 member missionaries. That is how big
the Ward is..... But about 900 of them are less active. Just talk to
people! Friends, strangers, EVERYONE. Sometimes, we worry so much
about not offending people that we never have time to save them. So
save them! What is the worst that could happen?!? They could scream at
you or something? I promise Christ will forgive that for trying to
save them. Anyway, sorry, I am just very passionate ABOUT SAVING
SOULS! There is nothing better.

This week I was able to interview two individuals for baptism. That is
so cool. To see the gospel working in people's lives and changing them
in real time is unparalleled. The gospel of Jesus Christ now found in
this restored church really does transform people. It is doing to me,
and it is doing it to others. I have a first hand experience of both
of those.

We have been helping the French Sisters more and more often. It is
fun. I prayed and sang in French for the lessons and, also, for a
baptism. President was there, and so I might be switching to all
French work, and learn French. That would be interesting. It was quite
the experience. French is very strange. Here is a picture of the
French sisters that have been teaching me French.

Elder Bednar came Saturday! He was here! It was sort of AWESOME! He is so good. 

I love you all! Sorry for my lack of knowing what to tell you about what is happening in my life! 

You are the best family I could ever hope for. Thank you,

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment