Monday, February 6, 2017

1/16/17

Family!

Snow! Floods! Wow. Things are getting pretty crazy over there in Idaho. All we have over here is sunny-warm days with beautiful sunsets in the evening. I will be home at the beginning of June. I am not sure the exact date yet. I think that it would be awesome to come back and visit... and, yes, the winter would definitely be ideal! June will be very warm... Wow, that is intense that Katelyn has bones growing in her muscles! That is how you get rock hard muscles! I am glad she is doing the pageant, because she most definitely is a distinguished young woman. I am excited to see how ALL OF YOU have changed. I hope that you might be able to recognize a few changes in myself as well. 

These last couple of days have been epic. On Friday morning, we were doing our calls with all the Zone Leaders in the mission that we do every week, and President Robinson wanted to join us for this once. I was messing with a head set thing that I was trying to use to do my call Ins with, so that I could write things down and use my hands to look up statistics and all that good stuff. President Robinson had to step out for a moment to take a call from Salt Lake. And I still couldn't figure out the headset thingy, so I was pressing random buttons, when I heard President Robinson's voice on the phone and Elder Lynn G. Robbins secretary was on the line, and I listened for a split second and heard that Elder Oaks was coming to our mission this Saturday! He is coming and going to visit just with our mission. It is going to be AWESOME! We have really been preparing for this and thinking of questions suitable to ask an apostle of the Lord. What type of questions would you ask an apostle? 

A man named Kurt is getting baptized this next Saturday. He is a very successful man. He was a major partner in a big wine business. And he is joining the church. And so he gave up his wine business. Just walked away. He has a lot of faith and trust in the Lord.

Have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Elder Flake

How has the plans been coming of having someone taught the gospel in our home? Let me know! I've been praying my guts out for you 

No comments:

Post a Comment