Friday, September 16, 2016

9/7/16
Alright mother, here is your long expected letter! I finally have time... Kind of... Let me give you some background on what is going on first. As you know, President S returned home about two months ago and President Robinson entered the field as our new mission president. The old mission president and the new mission president and their wives meet together for approximately 2 hours... And that is it. As soon as those brief few minutes are gone. The old mission President leaves and has absolutely 0 contact with the new mission president for the entire time that the new mission president is a mission president... That is insane. If this were not God's very work, and revelation did not heavily guild the new mission presidents, missions would collapse left and right. The only constant between the Old and the New presidents are the Assistants. And so these last two months have been filled every, single day with helping this mission thrive and succeed. I have learned and done things that I have never wanted to! But they must be done. I have been running day and night. Most days I feel that I cannot move one more step or do one more thing... But then I do. But it is not me. I have relied more on Christ's Atonement for strength and to hold me together more than I have ever imagined possible. He helps us maintain an impossible pace. I strengthens us and supports us, the words of How Firm a Foundation: "Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed, For I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand, Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous, Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand." I really could not even stand right now without divine aid. A mission is hard, harder than anything I have ever done before. And I would not be here without my Father in Heaven's divine aid. I have been really extensively tutoring President Robinson in the affairs of the mission. President Robinson is such an incredible and amazing man. I know that he is a man of God. A powerful and chosen vessel. He inspires me. He is a great man in my eyes, and he has loved me like a father would. He is so kind and godlike. He is wise and sincere. He is humble, but powerful and bold. I have leaned more than I could ever write just from watching his example, and we are together OFTEN. Elder H did not go home. We sent him to Maricopa for his last transfer. He goes home in October. Elder B, from Shelley Idaho, is the new assistant... And he is awesome...President Robinson listens to my advice OFTEN. . Almost about everything. It is a humbling experience. It touches me that he would give such careful and considerate attention to what I say. Elder B is great. He has only been here for about 3 days so he is COMPLETELY overwhelmed with all that we do. He did not expect it. He said he had so much respect for all that we have already done and continue to do. And now he is part of it. I find it sometimes humorous that other missionaries think that all we do in the office is lounge around and stare at a computer. NOT TRUE. We do all that we do, and carry a full time proselyting load in the Ward that we cover. We had a other one of our investigators commit to baptism last night. The work is moving forward. No matter how sluggish or exhausted I feel... It seems to picking up the pace! Life is joyous! Between breaking in SWATT style to missionaries apartments and eating dinner with general authorities, I have found little time to really think. Time is going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment