Sunday, July 17, 2016

Hello Friends!                                                            3/14/16

Wow! What a WONDERFUL! BEAUTIFUL! MARVELOUS! WORLD! GOD IS GOOD!!! He lives. He really does. I know that I say that over and Over and OVER and OVER again, but it is true. Oh, IT IS WONDERFULLY TRUE! This week we had ADVENTURE. We didn't have too many proselyting hours, but we still had miracles... We always have miracles. We have a really awesome investigator by the name of W. For some reason, we find a lot of Ws and they usually all get baptized! This William is very faithful. He comes to church every week. He wants to get baptized... He is 19... Only problem... He is a sex-offender. Oye. But! He is still going to get baptized, and soon! He says that he doesn't really know what it is, but there is something different. Something special that he feels when he comes to The Church of Jesus Christ. He doesn't know what it is... fortunately, we do. It is so amazing that Heavenly Father is so trustworthy and consistent. We don't have to worry about Him just not answering prayers. He Always does. 100% Dependable. It is like gravity. He is simply always there. It makes missionary work pretty awesome, pretty easy, and really simple. 

Oh family, I love you and I really feel for you, with everything that is happening. I am sorry. But all will be well in the END! That is the wonderful promise that comes with faithfully living the Gospel of Jesus Christ: Nothing can PERMANENTLY go wrong. We have to really believe that. Missions really are not easy. I know that you don't hear very much bad, but that is because I have been blessed with optimism. Missions. Are. Hard. It is, by far, that hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But, my friends, that is what life is for! We signed up for all this stuff! We signed up to have heart brake and shed tears. We agreed to have pain and sorrow. We wanted to pass through this earthly horror. But there is a reason we said yes, and that is in Jesus Christ. Please look to Him for relief. He didn't suffer unimaginable things without a purpose. He did to help us through them. If we ever think we have it bad, we probably do, but He had it worst. He descended below all, so that he could carry is above all. And I am living proof that He carries us. I would not be here without Him. I can't do this mission. The task and responsibility is too great, but He has carried me through... And He will carry you. He will. I promise. I testify with all my heart that He lives. I know it. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I put my name and my life behind his good name. He saw what he said he saw. And that is the truth. I know this is Christ church. I am were He wants me to be, and He lets me know that often. I Know that families are together Forever. We are in this together, and we will end it together. And one day, we will all be safely together forever. We are all going to look back on this life and laugh and cry about all the ridiculous adventures that this life had in store for us. That day will come, and I expect to see each of you there. Every single one of us have something that we can do to make sure that we all  end up there together. I want you all to JUST DO IT. I love you. Hang in there everyone:) see you soon.

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment