Sunday, July 17, 2016

3/21/16

Dearest Family,

This week was crazy. Way to much happened! AHHH!!! This week was
transfer week, and there were a lot of new changes and added
responsibilities for me. We had a lot of good service, and a lot of
good lessons, and a lot of priceless memories. I love this gospel and
this work. I love actually DOING IT THOUGH! My new favorite hobby is
finding complete strangers, loving them, and then watch their lives
completely transform. It is the most beautiful thing in the world...
As long as they accept it, and put some work in. I used to think that
the most beautiful thing was a sunset or the stars or something, but
really, the most beautiful thing is people changing. We have a lot of
good people at that point. One of our investigators, who we found and
taught is now being baptized, but, more importantly, she is converted.
She is TRULY converted and it is beautiful. It was so cool to watch
her through the entire process! It hasn't been easy! She has had a lot
of grief and a lot of tears, but she wants it and she will be baptized
this week. She will be an AMAZING CONTRIBUTION to the kingdom of God!
There was a nice Easter pageant that we had to "take out" all the
anti-Mormons protesting the performance! That was a lot of fun! We
killed them with some love and kindness. They had nothing, and we made
some good friends! We were contacting all of them and teaching them
the gospel! We've been teaching a lot of Spanish families and some are
beginning to come to church! HALLELUJAH! My French is coming along. I
have definitely been blessed with the gift of tongues. I can now teach
the gospel in French. It is fun. We spend about for nights out of the
week with the French sisters preaching the gospel! We have been
singing a lot and doing a lot of meetings. I am not a fan. I like to
actually be in the thick of it, but since becoming a zone leader, I
become responsible for a lot of missionaries! The emphasis of my ministry
is more for missionaries now. Which, is wonderful as well. It is hard
to be a missionary. All missionaries struggle, myself included. Some
big problems, some small problems. But missionaries are wonderful.
Every single one of them are beautiful. Same with you. I love you all.
I apologize for the short letter! I love you! More responsibility
equals less time. Be good. Run hard. This life is short. But it is
glorious.

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment