Monday, February 22, 2016

Dearest Family,                                                                                                      2/11/16

This past week and half has been wonderful! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! It will forever be a highlight if not THE highlight of my life. It is so exciting! With all the miracles and crazy things happening it really does feel as if we are in a fairytale. It is indescribably joyful work. The passion I feel for this work cannot be contained. I am so excited for each of my brothers and sisters who will decide to make that life changing and best Decision to serve the Lord in such a powerful and dedicated way! OH, IT IS GOING TO BE AMAZING FOR YOU! It is already devastating that it is a third over. Oye! Where has the time gone?!? I feel as if I just arrived! But then I look at all your pictures and see how much is changing and how much ya'll are growing! It is crazy. I miss you all more than ever! I just want to hang out with you all and talk! But, that day will come soon enough. This tiny portion of my life in the service of our God is way too short. We owe Him so much more. I know that the church is true. I KNOW IT. I will defend it and share that good news with every last breathe that I breathe. Until I cannot open my lips one last time. I regret the 18 or so years of silence that I did not do all I could To declare this Wonderful Message! I am changed. I am different, and I am never going to stop. Not in 16 months not ever. This has changed my future. It has changed my destiny. The course of eternity has been changed for me! And it will NEVER BE OVER FOR ME. I will not go back to who I was!  I am a new man! God Lives! Christ is His Son! He Rescued Us! We Can Be Happy Forever! HE DID IT! CHRIST WON!   How wonderful. And I am so exhausted. And it feels so good. It is so great to wear yourself out in the service of the Lord. This week we had so many lessons and miracles. Numbers wise we lead the mission. Spiritually, we helped a lot of souls get closer to Christ. And that is the one that truly matters! It doesn't matter the numbers!!! There are people behind them! There is this one 19 year old girl we are teaching who wants nothing more than to be baptized, but her family is COMPLETELY against her. She doesn't care! She is going to do it! She moved out and has her own place. But it isn't the nicest place. She got beat up walking home one day by 5 ladies... For no good reason. And then she got jumped and robbed in jack in the box the next day. The day after that, she saw the guy that punched her in the face and took her money. She walked up to him and said: " excuse me, you are the man that hit me." And he started calling her not very nice things, so Che decided to punch him in the face with all her strength. And knocked him out. So we had to discuss that... She said she won't do it again! And that about some up are area! We also started teaching some gang members. And we are teaching at a halfway house, and we have a big group that gets together when we come to teach. We get to like stand on boxes and preach the gospel Brigham Young style! It is pretty cool, a lot of folks are coming around. I hope all is well. I love each of you, and think of you daily!

Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment