Monday, February 22, 2016

Dear Family,                                                                         2/1/2016

Life is awesome. Always is as a missionary. Right now I am sitting at
our kitchen table and boiling a massive pot of potatoes. Because I
love potatoes! And people here do not eat very many potatoes. Just so
you know.

I also got a knew companion! His name is Elder B.  He has been out about 18 months, but has
served in the mountains his whole mission, so down in the city it was
a little bit of a shock to him. He is learning Spanish, and likes to
have a lot of fun! We are going to get things done! He likes to fish,
and he played football in college  before he came out
on his mission. He is pretty cool. Other than that, I am still down
here in central Phoenix working as hard as I know how. We went to the
Gilbert Temple with W. It was good. We have been continually
been working with the French sisters, so that is good. I am steadily
learning French. I an not learning french, Mother, so that I can marry
a French sister. NICE TRY THOUGH! Spanish is good. It fortunately
comes really easy for me!

It was very interesting to see Greg and Noni at church yesterday.
There was one point after we taught primary, that I actually had to go
on splits with Greg, and we taught pat parts of a lesson. It was
pretty awesome. It sounds like he interviewed one of the recent
converts as well. Interesting experience.

We got to go to the Gilbert temple this week with W. We are
working our very best to talk to everyone we see, and basically be
balls of sunshine in a very depressed and dark area by shouting glad
tidings from the rooftops, on the street corners and EVERYWHERE. It is
so important to not forget how overwhelmingly important the message
that we bring is! THE MESSAGE THAT GOD LIVES! AND HE STILL LOVES US!
AND PROPHETS ARE ON THE EARTH AGAIN TODAY! Can you feel the joy in
that message?!?!? IT IS WONDERFUL! We have actual prophets who
actually communicate with God. We can know exactly what he wants us to
know! This is His church! IT IS WONDERFUL! Nothing else matters!
NOTHING. One of the Spanish investigators we taught yesterday said it
best. We asked her what it would mean to her if she knew a REAL-LIFE
prophet, like Moses or Abraham or Elijah or ANYONE, was on the earth
today. And she put her hand over her heart and exclaimed with joy: " I
would give anything to know if that was true. I would give up all I
had to just follow him!" I AM SO HAPPY! I love you all so very much.

President S also wanted me to help my new companion to
see some miracles. So he sent him to our area, because we
have been having an endless supply of miracles! So, on Saturday, we
went to this half way house full of lots of good and humble gentlemen
that have committed some sort of crime. We were teaching one guy
there, and then this other guy came out, so we started teaching him,
and then another guy came out, and then another! And they kept coming.
And then there was a jogger running by, and he came up and said some
things about how he has been searching for religion in his life, and
that he wants to learn more. One of the soon-to-be managers wants us
to come back and teach everyone that stays at those houses! He said
that he would make it a requirement! My new companion was floored. It
was pretty cool, but, honestly, if you are being obedient and working
as hard as you can, those things happen more often then you'd expect.

I love you. Please don't forget it! Have a great week my friends.

Love Elder Logan Spencer Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment